If you want to make your name and earn your living from the TikTok platform, you simply have to reach global audiences. However, you can not rely only on your beautiful content to attract the audience,instead, you need to understand when to post your TikTok content to improve the engagement of your audience.
How to Decide the Best Time to Post on TikTok
Deciding the optimal time for posting on TikTok is not an easy one and it depends on the time when the users are most active. Many studies have found that TikTok users are most likely to be active on the platform between 6 a.m. to 10a.m. and 7p.m. to 11p.m. and if you post your content at these times, you may reach more audience. But as the time zone differs around the globe, how do you decide which is the best time to post your content. For that, you need to select your target audience and understand in which countries you will have most TikTok users to notice your content. In this article, we will not only help you to know the best time to post your content on TikTok but also inform you about the number of TikTok users in some countries.
The Top 5 TikTok Using Countries
- Most TikTok users live in the USA and the number is over 120.8 million.
- The number of TikTok users in Indonesia is over 87.5 million.
- The third most TikTok using country is Brazil with over 72.3 million active users.
- There are over 48.8 million TikTok users in the Russian Federation.
- In Mexico, there are more than 41.6 million TikTok users.
Apart from these countries, Vietnam, Thailand, The Philippines, Turkey, The UK are some major countries with the most TikTok users. In China, there are more than 600 million active users for the original version of TikTok, Douyin. There were also a significant number of TikTokusers in India, however, India has recently banned this app.
Therefore, if you want to reach the maximum number of TikTok users, you have to post your content when TikTok users of these countries are active. From the above statistic, you can also decide yourtarget audience.
The Best Time (EST) to Post on TikTok
Studies show that the best time to post your content differs on different days. In this article, we suggest some optimal times for each day in a week on the basis of the Eastern Standard Time (EST).
The optimal post times on-
- Monday- 6 a.m., 10 a.m., and 10 p.m.
- Tuesday- 2 a.m., 4 a.m., and 9 a.m.
- Wednesday- 7 a.m., 8 a.m., and 11 p.m.
- Thursday- 9 a.m., 12 p.m., and 7 p.m.
- Friday- 5 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.
- Saturday- 11 a.m., 7 p.m., and 8 p.m.
- Sunday- 7 a.m., 8 a.m., and 4 p.m.
Among these optimal times, there are some specific times when you can have a higher level of engagement from the users, such as-
- 9 a.m. on Tuesday
- 12 p.m. on Thursday
- 5 a.m. on Friday.
As we have mentioned the times in EST, you can set your time to post on TikTok according to your location.
Evaluate the Countries and Activity Hours of Your Followers and Decide the Best Time to Post on TikTok
You should always decide the best time to post your content depending on the activity hours and regions of your followers. In order toknow the statistics about your followers and evaluate the best time for posting, you have to go through the following steps on your TikTok app-
- Firstly, after opening the TikTok app, go to your profile page.
- At the top-right corner of your profile page, you will find a “three dots” sign. Tap on the sign and this will lead you to the “PrivacyandSettings” menu.
- Now, go to the “Manage my account” section and under the section, tap on the “Switch to a Pro Account”.
- Now, choose a category of your posts and tap on the “done” button.
- Once you tap on the ‘done’ button, a new screen of “PrivacyandSettings”will appear where you find the “Analytics” button. Tap on the button to see the statistics about your followers.
- If you do not find the “Switch to Pro” option, tap on the “Creator Tools” under the “Privacy and Setting” section. Then you will find the “Analytics” button and tap on that to view the stats about your followers.
The statistics about the gender, country, and activity hours of your followers will help you to evaluate the most suitable time for you to post on TikTok. In order to improve the engagement of your audience with your content, you should also try to post at least once every day. Another way to gain popularity is that you have to make your content based on recent trends. Hopefully, this advice will help you.