The entire world of technologies depends mostly on exchanging and sharing data by winning the obstacles of space and time. BI or Business Intelligence is a specific platform that allows the clubbing of different types of data under a single forum and allows multiple users to edit and access it.
In this way, business stakeholders can remain well-informed and enjoy financial benefits. So, to have a strong insight regarding Microsoft Power BI, here is everything you need to know.
What is Power BI?
Power BI is a solution that Microsoft and easy-to-use develop; thus, it helps users to handle various types of business analytics services like data sharing, visualization of data, and connecting different types of data sources around the world to allow the end-users to modify, edit, and use those data for their own dashboards, presentations, and reports.
You will find more than three versions of Microsoft Power BI, which one can use in different operating systems. This effective business intelligence tool can showcase present and past data and even make forecasts regarding what may happen in the future.
To say precisely, Microsoft Power BI is a mixture of a desktop application and a SaaS (Software-as-a-service) that can use the properties of the cloud to store various kinds of data that different users can access for different purposes.
The Main Features of Microsoft Power BI
- A crucial feature of Power BI is to carry the artificial intelligence inside it and enable the users to work with automated features of machine learning to generate various learning models regarding machines, including texts and images in Power BI that can be edited, analyzed, and accessed with ease.
- This enables the end-users to edit, analyze, and exchange or share data. This helps the firms to review their downfalls and insights without any hassle.
- This effective tool can draw a connection between different sources of data from different locations like Microsoft, Salesforce, etc., with the help of its “built-in connector tools.”
- Power BI also has voice recognition search features that its users can use for different purposes.
- Power BI comes with a feature known as “Modeling” that allows the users to turn complex data into simplified ones and convert them into understandable objects, charts, diagrams, and other formats.
- Microsoft Power BI can not only work on desktops but also on other electronic devices, including smartphones.
- The users can relate various data sources to Power BI, including Excel spreadsheets.
The advantages of Power BI
- Through Power BI, data can be edited and accessed within a very minimum time with some effective and up-to-date tools.
- With this tool, one can view and edit data from various sources.
- With this tool, one can overcome the obstacles created by “time and space.”
- Using Power BI, the user can show the most subjects.
- With this tool, all team members from different locations can view the same data.
- To ensure your Power BI stays safe, you can update and check it from time to time.
Disadvantages of Power BI
- As Power BI has different tools, the workspace may seem crowded.
- While working with Power BI, you need to have a precise data model where the data can be accessed and stored.
- The storage of the free version of Power BI is limited to only 2GB.
Therefore, if you want to work with Microsoft Power BI or work as one of the reputed Power BI partners, you need a strong knowledge of the features and uses of this effective tool, known as Power BI.