For the Snapchatters, Snapcodes are crucial to add someone as a friend and follow his or her story. Snapcodes are special types of images that you can scan through Snapchat. The scanning of a Snapcode can help you to do different things, such as unlock filters, add new friends, connect to the websites and exclusive content, and many other things. Having your Snapcode has become essential for the development of the Snapchat platform. This article will help you know how to download and edit a Snapcode PNG.
How to Download Your Snapcode?
You have to go through the following steps in order to download your Snapcode.
- First, visit snapchat.com.
- After visiting the website, you will find the ‘community’ section at the bottom of the page. Under the community section, you have to click the link of ‘Snapcodes’.
- Once you click the link, you will find two different options, such as
1. Download Snapcode
2. Get A New Snapcode.
Then, click on the ‘Download Snapcode’ button
- Your Snacodes will start to download and you will receive the files as snapcode.png.
How to Edit Your Snapcode Images?
- After receiving the snapcode.png files, you have to import the files into Photoshop.
- Once your files are in Photoshop, you have to double-click on a particular file to unlock it. Now, you have to select the ‘Ghost Area’ with the help of the magic wand tool and after selecting the area, click on the delete button in order to make that area transparent.
- Now, you can place a picture or logo in the Ghost area and save the image as a PNG file. You can share this Snapcode image on any online platform of yours. Once you share your Snapcode, one can save the Snapcode on his or her smartphone and add you as a friend through your Snapcode.
Guidelines to Use Snapcode:
In order to ensure the correct scan of the Snapcodes and make your Snapcodes’ appearances excellent, you need to follow some tips, such as-
- Testing before Posting:
Before you post your Snapcode, you need to test it to ensure successful scanning.
You can insert an image inside the Ghost logo to personalize your Snapcode.
- Insert Powerful Words:
You can add language or powerful words around the Snapcode to insist others scan your Snapcode.
- Product Packaging:
When you package your products, you can put your Snapcode on the package. However, before going to the mass production of the packages, you need to effectively test your Snapcode.
- Set Contrast:
In order to make your Snapcode look beautiful, you should differentiate the dots, frames, and the outline of the ghost area from the lighter color code layer by using contrast.
- Avoid Glossy Material:
You should avoid glossy material to print your Snapcde as this material makes it difficult to scan your Snapcode.
Rules to Use Snapcode
When you are using Snapcodes, you should follow some prohibition rules to ensure effective scan of the Snapcode, such as-
- You should not break down or hamper the ghost outlineorframe.
- You should not also cut off the frame of the Snapcode.
- You should never stretch the Snapcode or tamper with the proportion of ghost-to-frame.
- Apart from inserting an image into the Ghost logo, you should not do any other modifications to your Snapcode.
- You should not upset the Snapcode’s colors.
- You should not sell your Snapcode as a sticker without having the permission from Snapchat Team.
- Above all, never distribute or use others’ Snapcodes.
You should always follow these rules in order to have correct functioning from the Snapcode.